Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baby T update

I realize I have been slow to update about the baby. We have been a little side-tracked lately. My energy level and motivations to blog were a little down in the first trimester. At 14 weeks, I am gaining some energy back. I had ongoing nausea throughout weeks 7 to 13. I am glad that is nearing an end!

All doctor appointments have been uneventful up to this point. Blood pressure and tests are all looking good. My weight gain has been minimal at 4 pounds. Lets see if that can last. I felt I would gain more since I ate constantly to keep from getting sick it seemed.

We had our 2nd ultrasound this past week and the baby looked good. The heart rate was 141. So far Kevin & I are thinking girl. I could not tell you why. Well Kevin would tell you I have been more moody this time. I don't think so! Kevin and I will be happy with whatever God gives us. All we pray for is a healthy and happy baby.

I go back to the doc in another week for my monthly check-up. These are usually like 10 minutes long accompanied with 45 minutes of waiting after I leave my pee sample. So fun. Our next ultrasound is at 22 weeks. So we have another 2 months to wait for another peek at baby and gender.

I think that is about all. This whole experience has been surreal for me. I don't recall if it was the same last time. Until the baby gets bigger and gives me a few kicks I will most likely feel this way. I can't wait for kicking to begin!
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment