Ryder has inherited his mothers nasty sensitive skin. He is currently battling a bunch of eczema patches. They are red and dry. On top of that there are little bumps that look like some heat rash too. I swaddle him at night and this may aggravate his skin. We have added a humidifier and we are putting aquaphor on his skin. I have tried natural remedies as well. We have called the doctor and may end up going in if things progress. I feel bad for the little guy, but he seems unfazed by it. If anyone has any good suggestion let me know. I have to result to steroid creams for my skin, but don't want to apply such harsh things to a baby.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Nasty Winter skin
Ryder has inherited his mothers nasty sensitive skin. He is currently battling a bunch of eczema patches. They are red and dry. On top of that there are little bumps that look like some heat rash too. I swaddle him at night and this may aggravate his skin. We have added a humidifier and we are putting aquaphor on his skin. I have tried natural remedies as well. We have called the doctor and may end up going in if things progress. I feel bad for the little guy, but he seems unfazed by it. If anyone has any good suggestion let me know. I have to result to steroid creams for my skin, but don't want to apply such harsh things to a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awww....I hope he feels better.
ReplyDeleteHere's a comment. What you see on the outside is an indicator of what's going on in the inside. If your are feeding him any solids, eliminate them and start over adding one at a time, waiting to see if he has a reaction to the food. But,............ in your case you can't do that since you can't get rid of the rash, so...if he is getting solids, eliminate one food at a time and see if he doesn't clear up somewhat and then eliminate another one and so on week after week. Of course you'll add back in the previous food you deleted if you see no change. If he is not eating solids and it's only breast milk he is getting, then try deleting items from your diet that can cause babies to break out. Here you would have to research it online to find out what other lactating mothers eliminate. Lot of love and prayers, Aunt Debbie OH........... The most important thing I almost forgot LOL When your mom sent this web page to me I had the biggest grin on my face. I know the joy she is experiencing and once again, the most important thing is he's a KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /Anneliese, he is beautiful. He's a doll in his pictures. He has the cutest smile. Looks like is standing on the couch in the one picture.
ReplyDeleteThanks Aunt Debbie! I read up on what can be offensive to Ryder from my diet. I think peanuts may be to blame. I am still testing things. He has cleared up for the most part. I am using aquaphor daily on the any rough patches. The rest is treated with Eucerin calming cream. Then I use cortisone 1% for bad outbreaks. So this is working for now.
ReplyDelete