Today I became overwhelmed by feelings of sorrow for a dear, and cherished friend. She has been trying to conceive a baby for a couple years with no luck. Most recently she has been tested, and attempted a few fertility drugs to assist with no success. This week she was told she willl never be able to bare her own child due to being in a late stage of endometriosis. She is one of the strongest women I know, and demanded I waste no time being sad, or having "pitty" for her. She and her situation inspire me to feel blessed, and thankful for my children.
In the last few years I have come to realize that natural concepetion is not a given, but a blessing. I have a few friends that are trying hard to conceive. I continue to pray they will have happy and healthy babies someday. Once you have children you pray God will protect them from harms way. My heart aches for those parents that lose a child. There are not guarantees in life. We all have struggles and pain at some point. It is sometimes hard to feel blessed when you are busy focusing on all the other issues staring you in the face.
Thank you God for blessing me with many things I take for granted everyday.

I am with you Annelise! Children are so precious!
ReplyDelete