Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 6

Today has been a long one. I was home all day with my little buddy. I love spending time with him, but all day pregnant can be rough. He is into everything these days.
I need to start taking pictures of him. He is full of spunk and charm.

Today I experienced a lot of contractions, but nothing that continued to get severe enough to call the doctor. My back was different along with some other symptoms. I thought this may be pre-labor symptoms, but who knows. I am tired with little spurts of energy in between. I use those spurts for housework and personal hygeine. I could have another week to wait this out. Tomorrow would be a 9/11 birthday.

I will try to have patience.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 5

I made it through another week of work! It was a busy one. It helps me to stay busy and distracted from the wait.

I don't have much for an update. I was tired today with lots of pelvic pressure. I am not sure this baby can get any lower! I go to the bathroom constantly. I continue to have lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. Just waiting for them to get regular and painful.

Bring it on!

IN the meantime I resume life as normal chasing my precious fiesty tot.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 4

Partly it seems like time is flying by and at times not moving quick enough. I know there are a lot of sleepless nights, pain and hard work ahead, but I am ready to take that on to get my body somewhat back to normal. I don't mean it in a vain way, but to be more comfortable.

I went to my mid 38 week appointment this morning. It was uneventful in my opinion. They check your blood pressure, urine, weight, babies heart rate, measurement, and then the internal. All the above were good!

I am still at the same dilation as last week and 60% effaced. Even though this does not determine when you will go into labor, I hoped for more progression. The doctor said he still feels I will go a week early on my own. He said I am ready, but need good contractions or my water to be broke.

We talked about induction once I am 39 weeks. So basically I could choose the date after next Monday. I go back and forth on this and hope the baby makes this decision for me. If we do go for induction I will opt for later in the week.

I am hoping he decides to break free this coming weekend. In the meantime I wait patiently. Oh and he basically said there is little he can do for my nasty friends since they will worsen with labor. So they are waiting with me.


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day3

Today we had beautiful weather! So Ryder, Sonny, Chubs and I all spent the morning outdoors. I kept myself distracted with work calls and paperwork with household duties.

My energy level goes in spurts. It seems like I have a lot more toward the end of the day. I napped today during Ryders nap. I am having more Braxton Hicks today. My pain has been more tolerable today, but annoying.

I am also annoyed that not everyone in my household is nesting with me.

Tomorrow morning I head to the doctor for my weekly check-up. I am ready for the Grand Finale already.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 2

We had a low-key day today. I had some minor relief from my new unwanted friends. I am doing every home remedy possible to expedite healing and avoid medical interventions. 1 trip to the hospital will be enough for me this month.

Kevin & I are anxiously awaiting our new arrival. We talk about potential names and our game plan each day in case it happens.

I continue to have Braxton Hicks on a regular basis. I feel the baby bearing down low in my pelvis. He is also keeping fairly active as usual. The thought of meeting him soon justifies any pain and suffering in the meantime.

In then end all we need is a healthy momma and baby.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 1 of 15

I am gonna countdown the last approx. 15 days of this pregnancy.
Just a warning...it is not all positive and happy. It is the truth & reality of what I am going through day to day for my own account. If you don't' like it don't read it.

That said....
My pregnancy has been relatively easy and enjoyable until the past week.
I am in incredible pain with a couple unwelcome friends down below called Hemorrhoids.
I had them after I gave birth to Ryder, but not prior.
They creeped in over the past week most likely due to heavy pressure and lots of BM's.
I am uncomfortable sitting, standing, laying down, moving etc...
I paged the doctor last night and she called in a script for topical medication.
No one has the med and the earliest to get it is Tuesday unless we drive to a pharmacy in Des Plaines. If we drive that far I am gonna drive to the hospital to give birth.
The doctor said it may be thrombosed and need a surgeon to look at it in ER if the pain does not go away.
Thrombosed is a name for clotted veins. Based on the pics and info. I have read at least 1 or both are thrombosed. I am trying to wait it out to avoid 2 hospital visits, but it is hard to be in this kind of pain. I read today that the pain is second to only childbirth and kidney stone pains. I believe it! I told the doc last night I would probably not even know if I am in labor because I am in pain from these little devils.
In the meatime I am doing all the home remedies and treatments I can get from a local Walgreens.

I am in full nesting mode and have a hard time sitting still despite this set-back. I have been doing laundry and cleaning off and on all day.
I hope these little buggers will miraculously disappear or I go into labor very soon.
Thank God for the beautiful weather and my wonderful little guy that keep me smiling.

38 Weeks

I went to my appointment last week at 37 weeks +2 days.
My male doctor gave me similar stats from the past week.
Still dilated between 2cm-3cm
50% effaced
Cervix soft
Baby's head down and far down the cannal.
Blood pressure 122/80.
Weight gain was a 1lb.
Seems like my weight gain has paused so that is +.
Not sure of other stats since it went by so quick.
We talked of hospital protocols with pain management and induction.
He expects me to go into labor on my own around 1 week early so hoping that induction is not necessary.
So if his calculations are close, I have 1 week to hold out.
They will not schedule an induction until 39 weeks.
I planned to give a daily update the last 20 days, but it is already the 5th.
SO I guess I can shoot for a 15 day countdown.