Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Day 4

Partly it seems like time is flying by and at times not moving quick enough. I know there are a lot of sleepless nights, pain and hard work ahead, but I am ready to take that on to get my body somewhat back to normal. I don't mean it in a vain way, but to be more comfortable.

I went to my mid 38 week appointment this morning. It was uneventful in my opinion. They check your blood pressure, urine, weight, babies heart rate, measurement, and then the internal. All the above were good!

I am still at the same dilation as last week and 60% effaced. Even though this does not determine when you will go into labor, I hoped for more progression. The doctor said he still feels I will go a week early on my own. He said I am ready, but need good contractions or my water to be broke.

We talked about induction once I am 39 weeks. So basically I could choose the date after next Monday. I go back and forth on this and hope the baby makes this decision for me. If we do go for induction I will opt for later in the week.

I am hoping he decides to break free this coming weekend. In the meantime I wait patiently. Oh and he basically said there is little he can do for my nasty friends since they will worsen with labor. So they are waiting with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment