Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 17th

Wyatt's birth story
5:00am- alarm goes off, but I layed there in bed trying to get motivation to get up until 5:30.
5:30am- I start to get ready and literaly throw things in the bag for the hospital.
6:20am- we leave the house a little late and head to the hospital, stopping to get some good old McD's on the way.
7:15am- we arrive at the hospital (arguing where to park in the garage).
7:30-we arrive on the new Labor & Delivery floor and meet our nurse Mary.

(this picture is awful, our camera was not working right)

8:00am-8:30- The IV goes in and it hurt more this time. Of course I let Mary know and she loosened it a bit.
8:45am-the hospital determines this the "onset of my labor," my water bag was broke, and the nurse started me on a 6 of pitocin.
11:00am-I was dilated to 5cm and feeling the contractions pretty good.
11:30am- epidural, requested a epi-light, but they kinda laughed.
12:30pm-I felt very severe pain despite the epi-d. I was dilated to a 8cm. The anastesiologist provided more drugs in my epi-d. She felt there was a pocket in my spinal fluid that did not get the epi.
1:30 pm- I was feeling good on my drugs and dilated to a 10cm.
We had to wait for doc to come deliver Wyatt because she was down the hall delivery another baby or 2.
1:55pm approx- I began pushing with contractions. After 2 rounds of pushing Wyatt arrived by 2:04pm. I was in disbelief at how quick and easy it was despite my legs were numb and useless.

Wyatt looked healthy and beautiful right away.


We are beyond blessed for such a quick, healthy and easy delivery. It has reduced the pains of recovery as well. It seems like things are so medical with the births these days, but all I want is a safe and healthy deliveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment