Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Tooth & Updates

The first tooth has finally poked through the bottom gumline. This confirms my suspicions from this weekends crabbiness. Ryder is back to his smiley self and laughing more daily. I just love it! I do not have a good pic of the tooth. It barely shows and he gets angry when I try too get a peek. One down.


What an Angel

Ryder is stiitng up with assistance now. He can sit indepedently at times, but easliy topples over.

He is doing a half crawl. I need to get a video of this. He scoots backwards and sideways. It is so funny. I leave the room and he will move 3 feet. I think he will be fully crawling by May. It is time to start safety proofing the house. Did I mention he hardly sits still. He flipped over in his swing the other day while I was in the room. He was face down. Can you imagine that? I quickly intervened. I never leave him unbuckled when I leave his sight.

Sleep is going well. Most nights he sleeps 8 to 10 hours. We have departed from swaddling in the past week. What a big boy!

Ryder is getting adjusted to me leaving him twice a week. He loves spending time with his daddy one day a week, and then loves the kids at day care the other day. I am also enjoying being back at work around adults and very defiant children. It is actually a good break at times to be at work.

I have started giving Ryder rice cereal for dinner this week everynight. He likes it ok mixed with mommy's milk. I tried to feed him cereal last month a couple times, but felt he was not ready. So we are officially starting now. What a messy piggy he is. I will introduce oatmeal cereal on Sunday and see if he likes that.

As you can see, Ryder is doing fantastic and growing rapidly. He will turn 6 months at the end of April. How times flies!

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through Kelly's Korner. Your son is adorable! I just wanted to let you know about my blog giveaway to benefit the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life. This giveaway is for Paula Deen’s 10 piece cookware set. Check out my blog for more details about entry. Thanks for looking. Tiff

    ReplyDelete