Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines

So we had a pretty uneventful V-Day. Kevin woke me up with handing me Ryder as my gift. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Well he actually surprised me with a box of chocolates, and a new book from Ryder called "Love Dare." This book dares us each day for the next 40 days to do something for each other. It is from the movie "Fireproof." So we did not do the usual dinner out to a nice restraunt and I did not get the usual spa package. I really did not miss any of it. There will be many more years ahead to do those things. We have been blessed for many years with those luxuries. With me home now we are really tight on funds and I actually feel more content then ever.

Ryder and I baked a cake for Kevin and I went out and got him a bottle of wine. I meant to show a pic of the cake, but we dug into it before I got one.


This years cupid
I also want to thank my best friend Carissa for sending Ryder the cutest Valentine card, and she surprised him with a very generous check for anything he might need (She is forever spoiling my child). How thoughtful. She is always trying to think of someway to bless me or anyone for that matter. Carissa and Ben we love you very much!!!!!



Carissa drove up from Peoria while I was in labor and surprised me. She said she couldn't take being at home and getting the text messages. She left home so quick she forgot her checkbook and wallet. What a friend

2 comments:

  1. Liese,
    I love you like a sister and I am so proud of you as a mom!! I loved watching you with Ryder while you were here with me. You are so nuturing, attentive and loving. I always knew you would be a good mom, based on the love for your animals!! I admire the way you have embraced the challenges of motherhood and how it has changed you as a person. Your heart has expanded, your faith has deepened and you have sacrificed greatly to be home with Ryder. Words can't express how proud of you I am! I feel so blessed with the gift of your friendship. I love you! Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little guy is SO precious!!!

    I liked hearing you say that you are content to be tight on money and ok with staying in for v-day - makes me know that when I have kids some day, it will be worth the sacrafice of those luxeries!

    ReplyDelete